Don't get left behind. Stop feeling intimidated by all those 'gurus'.
Digital marketing techniques are becoming more sophisticated by the day. There are thousands of apps, platforms and 'gurus' out there promising untold riches that almost never come to fruition. This course will demystify all the basic concepts and will teach you how to use all these things properly so you can build your knowledge and skills and understand exactly what you are doing and why you're doing it.
Most digital marketing is done 'on the hoof'.
Most people doing digital marketing for their own business or someone else's business learned 'on the hoof' without ever getting a full overview of all the different facets and clarity on how they fit together to create a proper digital marketing strategy.
This course will give you a good grounding in digital marketing techniques and how to use them in a practical and effective way. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Create a digital marketing strategy for your business, and integrate digital techniques into your overall marketing plan. I'll also show you how to create an effective marketing plan.
- Create quality content and generate social media ideas that will engage your target audiences.
- Run effective digital marketing campaigns using techniques such as email marketing, social media, and blogging.
- Use basic SEO techniques and understand analytics and metrics from all your online marketing activities
Who will benefit?
This online course is for those who are fairly new to digital marketing or those who do some bits of if it, who would like to have a greater understanding of how to use it more effectively to promote and grow a business.
N.B. There are no complex advanced techniques, and it will not suit anyone looking for advanced SEO skills.
The course will cover:
- The big picture: The basic principles of digital marketing, marketing strategy and planning.
- Social media: Using social media to promote products and services, the main platforms and how to use them.
- Email marketing: Creating email campaigns, list building techniques, using popular tools e.g. Mailchimp.
- Keeping it legal: Laws and ethics concerning digital marketing techniques (including the brand new GDPR regulations)
- The basics of SEO: so you will understand what SEO experts are talking about, and simple SEO optimisation techniques you can use on your own website and blogs.
- The power of analytics: What they mean and how to use them to improve your results.
- Effective content ideas: Creating engaging digital content for your social media efforts
- Blogging: How blogging benefits your business and a step by step guide on how to do it.
- Cool tools and apps to make your life easier and more efficient.
It will be fun, but it's not for the faint-hearted
This is a content-rich course with assignments that must be completed in order to meet the assessment criteria for the qualification. That said, the course will be fun and supportive to help you get the most from the experience. N.B. You can work at your own pace and take as long as you like, but you can't pass the course and get the qualification unless you do all the assignments.
How is the material delivered?
1. 10 weeks of content
- Training is released to you in 10 x weekly modules.
- Each module is broken down into short, easy to follow video presentations.
- You also get downloadable slides, worksheets, additional notes, templates, resource lists and other useful downloads.
2. 2 x 1-2-1 personal feedback sessions
- You can book 2 x 1-2-1 coaching sessions (about an hour each session) with me to get feedback on your assignments and we can talk about how the course content can be implemented in your own business.
3. Email and phone access if you get stuck
- If you have any queries about the content, you can email me or call me to clarify anything.
3. Assessment for the qualification
- There will be 10 x Q & A sheets to complete.
- You will be asked to create a practical digital marketing plan for your business - which of course gives you something you can use right away to start generating more sales for your business.
- After you have completed your assignments and we've done our 2 x 1-2-1 sessions, your work is marked by me and is then sent to an external verifier who checks that all the work meets the required standard for the qualification.
- And then you get your lovely certificate and a formal document that details the exact modules you have studied. Hurrah!
Total cost: £595 + VAT (stage payment scheme available on request)
The course will be open for business on 5th February 2018.
Pop your details in the form below and I'll send you a digital sign up form with all the fine details.
About Jackie Harris
Jackie has almost 30 years experience in marketing and corporate communications and has worked some of the world's biggest brands. She runs a successful marketing consultancy called Brightspark Marketing based in Sedbergh. She's also a popular trainer with the Growth Hub and Cumbria Chamber of Commerce known for her fun and engaging style.
Brightspark Marketing is an approved Training Centre with Open Awards.